2 medium zucchini, cubed medium
1 medium chayote, cubed small
6 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, without seeds and in slices
4 Roma tomatoes, cubed
½ onion, sliced in half moon
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
12 oz. corn frozen or canned
1 lb. Queso Fresco, medium cubes
½ lb. Oaxaca cheese, small cubes
1 ½ cup vegetable/chicken stock or water
1 tablespoon vegetable Oil
Salt & Pepper
1. In a large sauté pan on medium heat, add sliced onion and sauté for 1 minute, or until transparent. Add garlic and continue sautéing for 1 minute. Add Zucchini and Chayote squash and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add cubed tomato to pan and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
2. To this pan, add 1 ½ cups of stock or water, add corn to pan, stir to mix, cover pan and reduce heat to low. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
3. Remove cover from pan and add poblano slices to simmering mixture. Cover and simmer for 3 more minutes. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste. Remove from heat and allow to rest 5 minutes.
4. Two minutes before serving, add cheese, stir gently to incorporate. Cover and allow to rest final 2 minutes.
5. Serve with rice, boiled beans or on its own.
WANT MORE RECIPES LIKE THESE? ORDER CHEF CLAUDIA’S COOKBOOK AT http://www.chefclaudiascocina.com/store